Welcome to WOMBS: NEW MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURES & PROTOCOLS
Now that you have completed your training with WOMBS, please follow the step by step protocol to help you integrate into the organisation seamlessly. We make every effort to ensure that you are included in all communication, educational updates, training and meetings and so it is essential to adhere to these steps towards becoming a fully fledged member of WOMBS.
- Read this information sheet: Membership Letter and complete this forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
WOMBS MEMBER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Volunteer Hours:
→ Bursary students must complete 20 volunteer hours in their first year.
→ All other student doulas must complete 10 volunteer hours.
Document those hours and send through to email@example.com
2. Keep a record of all births on the Client Birth Detail form, which needs to be sent in from time to time. Email completed word doc form to Irene Bourquin – firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for Client birth details form
3. Apply for Indemnis insurance. Only due end of February each year. Once we have the new application form, we will upload it.
4. Once you are a paid up member, you will be added to the WOMBS whatsapp group. If you don’t want to be on the group, you are welcome to remove yourself.
5. Attend at least three of the four annual WOMBS meetings – dates & venues of meetings confirmed over whatsapp and email. If you cannot attend, be sure to send in your apologies, which are recorded.
6. Once you receive your certificate, keep a copy in your bag to present upon request at all the births you attend. Also keep a copy of your ID document in your bag to present upon request at all the births you attend.
7. Please familiarise yourself with the following five important documents:
Find out more below regarding these frequently asked questions about joining WOMBS
Once you have graduated, to become a member of WOMBS please pay R400 (R200 if after June) into the following bank account:
WOMBS, FNB Account (Somerset Mall)
Branch Code: 250655
Account number: 62226802660
Please use your name and surname as reference
Send proof of payment to: email@example.com along with a copy of your certificate together with the completed Membership Form – Membership fees are due by 31st January each year.
Once we’ve received payment, you will be added to the website and we will send you login details for the members only areas.